Ten Questions to Ask Yourself – After the Inspection
September 9 2011
After reading your building report, here are some important questions to ask yourself, before deciding to purchase the property:
- Does the property suit your needs, now you know more about it?
- Are you prepared to follow the recommendations in this report for further investigation?
- Are you prepared to undertake rectification work?
- Should you adjust your offer on the purchase price to account for these costs?
- Is acquiring this particular property more important than its defects – in the long term?
- Is it reasonable (and safe) to consider living at the property in its present condition?
- Can you afford to undertake the necessary rectification work?
- Would you be better off waiting for another more suitable property?
- Will the next property in your price range be in better condition?
- Is the property in average or better condition than a property of similar age? (see Conclusion in your Report)