Why get a Building & Pest Inspection?
February 2 2015
Don’t be fooled by new developments, property styling or recent renovations.
Not all properties are equal and some of the worst defects can be hard to see, or easy to conceal.
A pre-purchase Building and Timber Pest Inspection is vital to help you understand what problems a building may have before you buy it. Imagine moving into your new home and discovering these scenarios:
- The upstairs shower leaks into the rooms below.
- The timber deck is decayed and in danger of collapse.
- The timber floors have been infested with termites and require complete replacement.
- The building is structurally inadequate and requires underpinning.
These problems, and hundreds of others are very common in homes of all ages and can cost tens of thousands to fix.
A Building report will empower your negotiations and help eliminate risk.
One in five houses in Sydney have some form of termite damage.
Sydney is rated by the CSIRO as the second highest risk category for Termite attack to homes.
Timber, brick or steel-framed houses are all at risk of Termite attack.
Common Major Defects that we find during Sydney Building and Pest Inspections:
- Structural cracks
- Damp problems
- Leaking Showers
- Termite infestation (1 in 5 houses in Sydney has some form of termite damage)
- Potential safety hazards such as collapsing balconies, unsafe staircases, illegal or unsafe handrails
- Cracked tiles
- Damaged Roof
- Absence of Smoke detectors
- Illegal structures
- Fire hazards
- Defective guttering
- Poor external surface drainage
- Flooding and Damp related issues
- Broken roof frames members
- Bouncy or Sagging floors
- Sticking doors
- Rotten window frames
- Leaning retaining walls
- Tree root damage
- Rotten or termite infested Boundary fences
- Water Hammer
- Toilet not flushing
- Damaged Kitchen cupboards
- Borer and wood decay