A Building Inspection is recommended to be carried out well before auction or before the five day cooling off period ends. It will give you a clear picture of what problems the property may have and may help with your negotiations.
We carry out both prepurchase building inspections and presale (vendor) building inspections in all suburbs of Sydney. Our Building Inspection Reports are available within 24 hours of the inspection or same day if required. There is no additional charge for Building inspections carried out in Greater Sydney.
During a Building Inspection we look for major building defects such as:
- Leaking roofs or damaged roof plumbing
- Structural cracks or timber framing inadequacies
- Leaking showers or baths / wet areas
- Damp issues such as rising damp or penetrating damp
- Issues with footings of the building
- Poor external drainage or storm-water concerns
- Water hammer or poor water pressure
- Potential safety hazards such as collapsing balconies
- Potential Fire Hazards
- Age of water heaters – (implications for damage caused upon failure, and replacement timeframe)
During a Building Inspection we check:
- The Roof Exterior
- The Roof Interior
- The Building Exterior
- The Building Interior
- The Subfloor
- The Site including up to one Outbuilding, such as a garage, granny flat or shed.
We recommend reading our information on What Happens During a Building Inspection?
Building Inspection Reports
The Building Inspection Report will contain a photographic summary of notable items so that you can quickly see what problems may exist and what they look like.
The report also contains a conclusion. This gives an overall impression of the property – relative to similar properties in a reasonably well maintained condition.
Building Inspection reports are available within 24 hours of the building inspection, or same day if required.
More information on pre purchase Building Inspections can be found at the NSW Department of Fair Trading website.
We strongly recommend that Sydney property buyers carry out a Combined Building and Pest Inspection to provide you with full insight into a property. We are available to carry out Building Inspections and Pest Inspections Sydney wide from Monday to Saturday.
Contact us today to Book a Building Inspection